Have you noticed that the momentum you have when start your week, your year or even your day has a big impact on the results you achieve?
It’s momentum – the impelling force or strength – that gets things happening. The fabulous thing about momentum is that once it starts rolling, its takes a lot to stop it. But the trick is to get that momentum started in the first place.
Has your momentum for 2011 started yet? Or are you still in holiday mode catching up on all the busy work? You don’t need momentum for your busy work, as we all attend to that naturally – too naturally most of the time.
We need momentum to get started on those projects that are going to have an impact on our business – revenue-generating projects; those projects that we should be focusing our time on, but can, unfortunately, get shoved to the side to die a slow death while we work on the busy work.
So how can we get started? First off you need to look at your days and rearrange them to make time for these revenue-generating projects. And why do I say this is the first step? Because I know the first thought that will pop into you head is, “I don’t have time to work on my projects, I wish I did.” So here it is folks – the new way to approach 2011:
- Batch your tasks together, concentrate on like tasks and location-based tasks, get on a roll and get more done.
- Create a different focus for each day (i.e. client days, business development days, admin days) for the best concentration
- Schedule regular appointments in advance to get the time you want and fit this into your week
- Use that powerful little word “no”. Unlike money, you can’t make back time
- Outsource so you can really concentrate on those revenue-generating tasks
- Delegate let go of tasks that you shouldn’t be doing!
- Stop being the bottleneck in your business and get out of the way!
- Work at you best time for maximum focus at particular times of the day
P.S. Want to learn more about any of the above?
And do you struggle to get things done in your day? Are you super busy keeping up with all the “busy” work in your business? And what about those projects you’ve been dying to implement but can’t find the time?
Click to read about Bizfficiency. The program that will help you take back control over your life, reduce feelings of overwhelm and finally set your business on a growth path.